When it comes to your wedding reception, there are so many pretty stationery items that you can have. Pinterest gives you a lot of ideas, allowing you to scroll through endless options, but when you have a budget to consider, yes, you should have a budget, what are the things that you really need?
Well it can depend on the style of wedding you are having and what vibe you are wanting you and your guests to feel.
RECEPTION STATIONERY CHECKLIST
- Welcome Sign – These come in a variety of styles and although not highly necessary, really are a nice touch to show at the entrance of your reception, if for nothing else, to ensure that your guests are heading to the right place! But you can opt away from this if you are having a Table Plan OR use the same Welcome Sign from your ceremony and place it at the entrance to your reception Order yours today.
- Table Seating Sign/Chart – Unless you are having a cocktail style of wedding, you will definitely need a seating plan. Guest like to know that this is not game of musical chairs, they don’t need to make a run for the best spot & cousin Mike doesn’t need to sit on the same table as his over-sharing cousin Shane, haha. Order yours today.
- Cards / Guest Book Sign – Although it’s not really necessary, having a sign reminds yours guest of where to place their weddings gifts and write a special note to you. Designed to compliment your wedding invitation, acrylic or chalkboard designs. Contact me for a price.
- Order of Events Sign – These are a great idea if there is entertainment organised while you and your partner venture off for your photos. When the Bride and Groom are set to arrive, speeches, cake, first dance, then when it’s all looking to end
- Send-Off Sign – These are so much fun. Sparkler send offs, Wedding Wands and Confetti Tosses are a fun way to end the day’s events on a glittering high. Keep your photographer around for this one!
- Photobooth Sign – If you did hire a photobooth for your wedding, chances are they have their own sign, but it’s more likely it’s just a promotional logo… If you want your own – contact me for a price.
- Table Cards – If you are not having a cocktail style wedding, your guest will need to know where their allocated table is. They don’t have to be numbered, they can be labelled as ‘First Moments’, ‘Favourite Songs’, ‘Special Moments’, Honeymoon Destinations”, etc – make it fun!
- Place Cards – Although this is not a ‘must-have item’ it is a good idea so your guests aren’t playing musical chairs and create issues that shouldn’t be there. Order them here.
- Bonbonniere / Favors – Giving your guests gifts are a non-essential cost. Although they can also be used as a place holder, the cost can add up as can the stress of ensuring you pre-order enough, but not too many either. Beautiful laser-cut boxes can be used to hold small items like macrons & simply add a place tag to the top & voila! Chocolate Wrappers are very popular as well as a ‘sweet’ way to thank your guest for sharing in your special day.
- Ad-Lib Cards – A super fun way to enter